Vision and Mission
Our vision is to become a hub for Arizona Hungarians.
The Hungarian Cultural Association of Phoenix (HCAP) is an independent, 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit corporation, all-volunteer, educational, charitable and non-partisan organization open to anyone with interest in nurturing the Hungarian language and culture, regardless of world view, nationality, or religion. We set as a mission to nurture the Hungarian language, culture, identity, and traditions, and make them available to present and future generations through educational programs, celebrations, commemorative events, and social gatherings. We aim to broaden familiarity with the Hungarian culture within the American community, thereby nurturing and strengthening Hungarian-American ties and relationships.
The HCAP’s objective is to:
- Foster the Hungarian language, culture and consciousness and preserve our Hungarian heritage for future generations to come through meaningful and rewarding programs and events
- Increase awareness of the Hungarian culture among Americans and other ethnic groups thereby contributing to the development and strengthening of Hungarian – American relations
- Provide its members with a broad range of activities
- Facilitate communication between members
- Cultivate strong relationship with Hungary and Hungarians across the world
- Provide moral, intellectual and material support for Hungarian interests